- Emergency Requests: We evaluate emergency disclosure requests on a case-by-case basis. If we receive information that gives us a good faith belief that there is an emergency involving the imminent death or serious physical injury to a person, we may provide information necessary to prevent that harm, if we have it. You may make an emergency disclosure request by email to [email protected] with the subject “Emergency Request for Disclosure,” including the following information: Your name, address, cell phone number, email address, and a detailed explanation of the circumstances that demonstrate the possibility of imminent death or serious physical injury occurring.
- Service of Subpoenas: We are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers. We do not release non-public information about our customers, except as lawfully required by appropriate legal process such as subpoena, court order, or other valid legal process. We are headquartered in El Segundo, California and will only respond to legal process in compliance with California State and United States Federal law. We only accept legal process delivered by personal delivery or complaint service by the United States Postal Service (we do not accept legal process via email). Acceptance of legal process by these means is for convenience only and does not waive any objections, including lack of jurisdiction or proper service. A person or entity seeking the identity or account information of our customer in connection with a civil (as opposed to criminal) legal matter must properly serve us with a subpoena at the following address:
Corporation Service Company
Attn: MH Sub I, LLC
2710 Gateway Oaks Drive, Suite 150N
Sacramento CA 95833-3505
- Documentation; Notice; Response: We reserve the right to request a copy of the complaint and any supporting documentation that demonstrates how the information requested is related to the pending litigation and the underlying subpoena. Upon receipt of a valid civil subpoena, we will promptly notify the customer whose information is sought. If circumstances do not amount to an emergency, we will not immediately produce the user information sought by the subpoena and will provide the customer an opportunity to move to quash the subpoena in court.
- Fees for Subpoena Compliance: We will charge the person or entity submitting the civil subpoena for costs, and any applicable taxes, associated with subpoena compliance. Payment must be made within thirty (30) days from the receipt of the invoice. Checks should be made out to MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Our subpoena compliance costs are as follows:
Research: $150.00 per hour
Mailing: Cost as billed
Copies: $.50 per page
Discs and Hard Drives: Cost as billed
- E-mail Policy: We will not produce the content of e-mail, as the Stored Communications Act (SCA), 18 U.S.C. § 2701 et seq., prohibits an electronic communications service provider from producing the contents of electronic communications, even pursuant to subpoena or court order, except in limited circumstances.
Last updated: September 14, 2023